Assistance solution for improving cooking skills and nutritional knowledge for independent elderly people
What is ChefMyself?
The goal of ChefMyself is to develop a customizable, open and extensible ecosystem built around an automatic cooking solution to support elderly people in preparing meals and maintaining healthy eating habits. See a video presenting ChefMyself and explaining how it works, that has been developed by ChefMyself project Partner - Fraunhofer Portugal.
Improving the quality of life of elderly
Independent older people with no severe illnesses or disabilities will use a food processor with an accessible interface, that will encourage them to self-care according to their particular nutrition requirements – tasty and healthy meals will be cooked by them with the use of the ChefMyself solution.
At the same time, a social network focused on the topic of healthy ageing and eating will become a tool to motivate elderly people to be active, maintain existing social relationships and create new ones.
Impact and benefits for the users
· protection from possible malnutrition risks among elderly people,
· reduction of mental and physical decline of seniors by promoting daily activities (e.g. cooking/self-monitoring),
· enhancement of seniors’ social interaction.
- Workshop with Seniors at Fraunhofer Portugal
- ChefMyself present at ICT 2015 - Innovate, Connect, Transform event
- Invitation to Home Automation & Smart Living Event,Invitation to Home Automation & Smart Living Event in Eindhoven, Netherlands
- The 22nd edition of the 50PlusFair in the Netherlands
- April 5th and 6th April 2014. Presentation of Chefmyself in Active 50+, Poland